Delphic Sibyl as Fairie, From Sistine Chapel

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tanya's Table

After a long wait by my friend, I completed her table commission. It is a portrait of her in a fashion. I put things in it that are important to her, from associations with her friends, to places she likes to visit. There is a vision of her in this table from the flora and fauna down to the choices of colors. I figure that the frog is her in amphibian form.
I meant for the table to have different viewing sides, with no correct up and down. Much like I imagine her vision of the world to be; a multifaceted person who examines things like only she can do. I see her as a mechanical engineer embodied in a true child of nature.

The table top is done with prismacolor pencil and matte varnish. The table legs and sides are painted with acrylics and finished with a matte varnish.